The New Zealand Llama Association
What we do
- To educate owners and interested members of the public in the needs, care and welfare of llamas.
- To promote llamas and their uses as working and companion animals, and pets.
- To facilitate and encourage fun activities with llamas.
- To liaise with government and other authorities on behalf of members on matters pertaining to llama ownership, care and use.
- To provide a communication forum for the sharing of news, ideas and knowledge relevant to llama ownership, care and use.
- To negotiate, set up and operate agencies, or other arrangements with other Camelid organisations where applicable to achieve the objectives of the association.
- To encourage compliance with a code of conduct for llama ownership
- To provide a registry for the collection of information of all New Zealand llamas and for the registration of llamas.
Find out more about Membership and Join the NZLA
We all have some interest in llamas and alpacas, yet some of you may not be completely aware of the essential role they played in kick-starting Andean societies. Without them there would have been no Machu Picchu, nor could Andean people have survived at...