The Objectives of the NZLA
- To educate owners and interested members of the public in the needs, care and welfare of llamas.
- To promote llamas and their uses as working and companion animals, and pets.
- To facilitate and encourage fun activities with llamas.
- To liaise with government and other authorities on behalf of members on matters pertaining to llama ownership, care and use.
- To provide a communication forum for the sharing of news, ideas and knowledge relevant to llama ownership, care and use.
- To negotiate, set up and operate agencies, or other arrangements with other Camelid organisations where applicable to achieve the objectives of the association.
- To encourage compliance with a code of conduct for llama ownership
- To provide a registry for the collection of information of all New Zealand llamas and for the registration of llamas.